MEET BRAD MARTIN
A fourth generation Oklahoman, Brad Martin grew up on a farm outside Cashion where he graduated high school and where his step-father was principal. Martin attended Southern Nazarene University where he earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Marketing and Finance. After graduating in 2000, Martin co-founded his first business, HealthHistories, Inc. and the company developed software allowing patients to go online to access pertinent medical data from any computer worldwide. The company was recognized by the Oklahoma Center for the Advancement of Science and Technology (OCAST). Martin was also a Journal Record Innovator of the Year award recipient.
OTHER BUSINESS ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Owner and President of Fortis Insurance and Financial Services
- Previously Senior Regional Sales Manager for Alcon Labs and then the National Director of Medical Sales for Worx 24, a medical software development company to hospitals and physician groups
- Worked as an economic liaison with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs under their Veterans Economic Communities Initiative helping service members find employment opportunities in Oklahoma
- Served as Chief Marketing Officer for Tri-State Industrial Group
INVOLVED COMMUNITY LEADER
- Serves as Chairman of the Board of Vizavance (formerly Prevent Blindness of Oklahoma)
- Immediate past Chairman of the Board of Astec Charter School. Martin also served as a member of the Advisory Board for Odyssey Leadership Academy.
- Serves as an advisor to entrepreneurs and innovators as part of the Oklahoma City Thunder Launchpad and Stitchcrew Initiative
- Served on the Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce Advisory Board and is a past member of Oklahoma Venture Forum and The Downtown Club of Oklahoma City
- Member of Leadership Oklahoma City, Class 30, and a member of Oklahoma City Rotary, Club 29
DEDICATED FAMILY MAN
Martin’s wife, Jeanna, is a School Psychologist with Westminster School in Oklahoma City. The couple have two children: Audrey, 10, and Blake, 6. They are active members of Crossings Community Church.